Captain Critters Country Campground is
OPEN YEAR ROUND!!!
NOTE REGARDING COVID 19: The RV Park is OPEN and accepting full-time campers as well as daily, weekly, and a few monthly stays. However the bathrooms/showers are CLOSED.
- All sites are pull-through’s and full hook-ups!
- Free Wifi!
- Pets are WELCOME (as long as pet owners pick up their droppings)*
- 130 foot long fenced-in Pet Playground!
- All sites have newer 20/30/50-amp electric pedestals!
- Many Big-Rig Sites (extra long AND extra wide)!
- Many laser-leveled sites with crushed concrete pads!
- Many mature trees for cool, enjoyable shade.
- HUGE multi-acre shaded picnic area.
- Camper garden (pick all the ripe veggies you can eat).
- Some campers have found FOSSILS in the rocks lying around!
- Located at Highway 26 and County Road 18, just 3.2 miles west of Scottsbluff’s Super Walmart!
- Much more!!!
The campground is located directly on the Old Mormon Trail. Come visit the many beautiful and historic sites, such as Scotts Bluff National Monument, “Legacy of the Plains” museum, Chimney Rock, and the infamous Oregon Trail where you can still see wagon ruts made by early settlers. Or you can simply sit back and relax in your over-sized site with plenty of room to park your vehicle, picnic, and enjoy.
The campground host can help answer your questions including where to find the facilities you need, such as a Super Walmart only 3.2 highway miles away, and Regional West Medical Center only 4 miles away.
This is a family-owned campground with newer electric pedestals, level sites, and clean, delicious well-water.
*Some dog breed restrictions.
**A railroad crossing is located approximately 100 yards away, across the highway. The trains toot their horns at this intersection (federal law) creating the “lullaby of a midnight train” (from the song “Boon Docks” by Little Big Town). If their toots disrupt your sleep, please consider bringing ear plugs.